Ultimate frustration set in last night as we walked out of the Rose Garden. Brandon Roy goes for a career high, LaMarcus plays as well as we've seen, and 4 free throw misses in the closing seconds costs the Blazers the game? This one hurts.
The Blazers didn't play all that well the entire game to tell you the truth. The first and third quarters were what we expected against a far inferior opponent like the Clippers but the second and fourth were the killers. Roy basically did everything in his power to drive this team to a victory but was ultimately left out to dry. Of course Zach Randolph had a HUGE game against his former team and of course he annoyed the hell out of all of us. Once again, a buzzer beating three either cost us the game or only prolonged future misery.
Game thoughts in fantastical bulleted format:
- Thank you Brandon for finally showing how good you can be.
- Thank you Greg for playing the way this team needs you to play.
- Thank you LaMarcus for playing just good enough.
- And the hell with the rest of this team.
- Baron Davis had a huge limp, and still dropped 27 an the regulation equalizer.
- Zach...you are still a black hole.
- I knew Al Thornton was impressive, but last night solidified that thought.
- We had some fun with Ricky Davis in the closing seconds.
- Time for a much deserved break.