I've been saying this for a week now, "Brandon Roy needs to get out of this damn slump."
The other night, while Roy struggled, Oden stepped up. Well tonight, they didn't have anyone step up and take over when they needed a last minute push in the 4th. We saw signs from Bayless and LaMarcus again, but inevitably, LeBron James and Mo Williams proved to be too much. Luckily from here, the Blazers take on 3 gutter teams which should give them a chance to get back on track. Assuming they stop playing down to their opponents...
Game thoughts in fantastical bulleted format:
- LeBron James is better than advertised. That's right, I said it.
- Mo Williams was the key to this game, and he drove away with the Cadillac.
- Where has Joel been? Remember how great he was early on?
- We need Blake! We need Blake!
- I'm sick of lecturing you Brandon, but come on.
- Bayless, you could have helped...had you actually played.
- Rudy was hot early and then, did he even play in the second half?
- Ben Wallace is no longer intimidating. Or good.
- The Cavs really do have the perfect mixture of role and star players.
- That 24 Hour Fitness trip must have worked for Wally World.
- At least we don't see Cleveland again until March.
Highlights for those of you Sam Adams-ing: