January 16, 2009

Who Buys this Stuff? Random Blazers Memorabilia.

What is there to do on a Friday off-day?  It seems weird to not have a game to look forward to heading into the weekend.  I guess you could keep re-watching that ridiculous Bayless dunk from last night?  You could check out the rest of our videos at our personal BoL Youtube channel?  Join our exponentially growing list of friends at MySpace?  Or you can look up the random Blazers crap toys that we would all love to fill our houses with!

1.  How about a 24KT gold Brandon Roy coin?  Who the hell wants something like this?  (I'm secretly hoping someone admits to having one.)

2.  OK, how about a Blazers checkbook cover?  Seeing as no one on the planet except 50+ year old writes checks, this thing should be free, but that brown nastiness just makes it look scrumptious.

3.  And the best one yet...the Blazers Hard Hat!  I've yet to see one of these at a game, so it might be time to splurge and start something.

4.  Game over!  Here is the winner.  And I'm ordering a pair as I type this.  The beer bottle Blazers holder, in spectacular jersey style.  Speechless.

JackBrown 1/16/09, 3:30 PM

I don't know which one to order first! Where is the James Hollywood Robinson portable cassette player?

kellex 1/16/09, 4:20 PM

All I know is that putting a shirt on a beer is at least a step above putting one on your chihuahua.

From out of Nowhere 1/16/09, 7:50 PM

I was at a Goodwill earlier this week and spotted a Rasheed Wallace rubber duck. I kid you not - Sheed's head with the body of a rubber duckie (I'm sure Sheed didn't care as long as they "cut the check"). I kind of wish I had bought it.

That beats out the other tacky Blazers stuff I've seen at thrifts in the past - then again, a Juan Dixon jersey shirt and a Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje beanie buddy doesn't offer much competition.

From out of Nowhere 1/16/09, 7:54 PM

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the Blazers checkbook cover reminds me of the "Blazer banking" checkbooks Bank of America used to have back in the Rip City days.

kellex 1/16/09, 9:53 PM

Sheed ducky! Which Goodwill?!?!

JackBrown 1/17/09, 11:38 PM

I'm going to two Portland Goodwills in the morning looking for that Sheed duck.

From out of Nowhere 1/18/09, 4:45 AM

It was at the store near SE 52nd and Woodstock in the toy section. Unfortunately, I was there last night and couldn't find it, so unless it just found its way to another part of the store that I didn't browse through, it's probably gone. Now I really wish that I had bought it...

kellex 1/18/09, 9:33 AM

Dammit! I hope it gets put to good use. :)