January 5, 2009

If David Lee is on the Move to Portland, Why are Blazer Blogs Ignoring it?

Incase you missed it, the rumors of David Lee on his way to Portland were swirling over the interwebs throughout much of the weekend.  The thing I find puzzling about it though, is that ZERO Blazer blogs were talking about it until today and ZERO main-stream media sites have touched it, even in their rumor sections.  And usually Pritchard has shut the talk down by now, and Oregon Live has said something, and then Blazers Edge has weighed in.  But all we got was a quick quote at Blazers Edge from another site and not much else has been said.

At first, I thought this would never happen due to the lack of chatter surrounding it here in Portland, but now I'm thinking it could actually happen unless KP shows up in the next 3 hours to squash it.

David Lee links:
  • DIME is all over it and also realizing how ridiculous it is.
  • Real Cavs Fans forum chatter. (Not sure why they care.)
  • Ziller at Fanhouse weighs in.
  • The Knicks Blog was the first place I saw this.
Your thoughts on D-Lee?  At least he brings some damn toughness.

lids.com - the #1 destination for headwear

8 comments:

Sheed 1/5/09, 10:09 AM

I think it's because the national media tries to trick us constantly with trade rumors. So until there is something concrete, we'll keep it on the DL. I don't know, that's probably my thoughts....we talked trade rumors in our forum just not on the main page.

Scott @ WFNY 1/5/09, 10:13 AM

Cavs fans care due to the fact that Lee has long been on our wishlist for PF/C depth.

kellex 1/5/09, 10:53 AM

We're stealing him Scott!

Sheedskie: There just seems to be something weird going on here. Usually the chatter is everywhere, and for some reason, it's been kept under wraps around Portland. Sneaky!

From out of Nowhere 1/5/09, 12:46 PM

Do not want unless somehow being reunited causes Channing Frye to start playing at a "most improved player" candidate level.

kellex 1/5/09, 12:48 PM

Well it looks like Channing would be shipped back to NY if Lee comes over. The only issue I have with this, is you sort of get rid of a logjam at PG if you send off Sergio or Bayless, but you gain another one at PF with Lee. Well maybe not...lets just see how this shakes out.

I'm not one to speculate, but this would be a great move for Portland.

BlazersBlog 1/5/09, 1:42 PM

On my end, the OL Blazers Blog didn't have anything because I do have a life (and weekend) away from work. Get to work on Monday morning, the first time I've heard about it. Plus, it's a rumor. There will be dozens more before the AS break.

kellex 1/5/09, 2:10 PM

Meags! You are probably right, everyone was oogling their couches watching the NFL anyway.

But part of me sort of hopes you are wrong with the "rumor" part...I think I'd like to see a little shake-up. The team seems a little exposed with Brandon out.

Thanks for the shout though!

Jack Brown 1/5/09, 5:20 PM

My excuse is that I'm in a third world country called Alabama.