While watching last night's game with the Memphis Grizzlies, I kept saying to myself, "This is not surprising." I'm not sure exactly what that meant seeing as I never really lost hope even as the Blazers found themselves down 18 or 20 at one point. Is it because I've grown accustomed to these poor road performances against inferior opponents? Or is it the fact that every lowsy team seems to step up and shoot 55% against Portland? Either way, this team allowed us to see, once again, just how far they've come.
Game thoughts in fantastical bulleted format:
- Aldridge needs the ball a hell of a lot more when the team is struggling like that.
- This was the first time in a while that Rudy became the "x-factor". Welcome back.
- And what's up with Rudy Gay taking a back seat to Mayo?
- Speaking of the "Juice", is he going to be good or what?
- Oden really needs to figure out how to stay on the court.
Make sure to follow us on Twitter for instant updates!