We called for a playoff performance from "your" Portland Trail Blazers and I would say that you could consider their delivery right on time. A third straight win by 20+ points? When was the last time that happened? (This is me summoning stat geeks.) At one point in the game, I murmured to myself, "The Blazers are getting every call," but now that I see the box score, that wasn't necessarily the case. Shooting 61% from the field was actually the culprit in this "blazing."
Game thoughts in fantastical bulleted format:
- The Roy/Aldridge tandem is now what we expected it to be.
- Someone argue that Deron Williams is a better play than Roy. Please do.
- Holding Boozer to just 3 boards should be noted.
- +35 for Blake? Sad to say, but he almost needs to play 48 minutes per.
- If Batum isn't in the "untouchable" trade-talk category, then fire Pritchard.
- What's with opponents needing to throw balls at Joel?
- Glad to see him continue to stand up for himself though. Ghostface!
- Any word on Rudy's return?
- I'm feeling giddy just writing this post as my mind wanders into the near future.