The all day coverage you need to go into tonight's contest. We're just making sure you're prepared to drop that extra knowledge on the brosephs to get you another smidgen of respect.
Anyone else walking around today with a little extra pep in their step? (Yes I actually said "pep.") It was only a few months ago that "your" Portland Trail Blazers jumped from the depths of hell and into the first round of the playoffs where they were sucker punched, grabbed, pulled, and out Scola'd by their opponent, the Houston Rockets. Tonight, they get their first chance at redemption. (Insert "muhahha" laugh.)
Those same Rockets come to town...well maybe not "same," but pretty damn close. OK, not close at all. In fact, this Houston team might reach the "depths of hell" that the Blazers were resting comfortably in for, oh, 6 YEARS. Yao Ming is out for a full Zodiac cycle while the most quotable man on the planet (MQMOTP) has joined forces with the ultimate enemy. (Names not needed right?) They picked up Trevor Ariza from the ultimate enemy which seems like quite the downgrade, even from the MQMOTP. So with no All-Star center and no chances of an in-game, fan-involved, beer-on-player-action, brawl taking off, I have to think that this is the opener that we would normally order off the late night happy hour menu.
Welcome to the 2009-10 NBA season my friends.
- A look at Brandon Roy, the leader. [Jason Quick]
- The show must go on. [Blazers Banter]
- Dave drops his game 1 preview. [Blazers Edge]
- The first Sheed's Shakedown of the season. [Bust a Bucket]
- Usually outstanding enemy coverage. [The Dream Shake]
- Aaron Brooks is apparently the Rockets' key. [AP]
- While this tool points out the obvious for Portland. [John Canzano]
- Another hater believing in Oden? [Le Basketbawl]
- The Blazers love their animals? Random. [Oregon Live]