A party full of post-game links and coverage to give you every over-analyzed angle in hopes of making your Blazers IQ that much greater.
Box scores usually don't tell the entire story, but last night's does completely. LaMarcus Aldridge and his -18 were completely worked by quite possibly the slowest and oldest 30 year old in the NBA. In fact, Elton Brand looked like the Brand of old thanks to the newest Criss Angel-esque disappearing act from LA. I hate to point fingers, (OK that's a lie) but the defensive performance last night ranks up there with his all-time worst. His job with Greg and Joel around has not always been to "protect the paint" and now is probably a good time for Nate to sit him down for that fatherly chat.
Other notes? Iverson, after one of his teammates hit a key basket in their 4th quarter run, let out his version of a William Wallace battle cry. Unfortunately for him, it came out more like a washed up 33-year old NBA player with an arthritic knee and bad corn rows who is 1 benching away from a 15th tear-jerking presser. Wah.
No big 3's from Blake. No big anything from Martell. No energy magic-ness from Bayless. Game over.
Recap. Box Score...
- Blazers focusing now with injury plague. [Brian T Smith]
- Emotional crash landing ends streak. [Mike Barrett]
- Wait...who started the McGrady rumor? [Examiner]
- Rudy and Batum about to return. [Jason Quick]
- Media row report from Ben. [BlazersEdge]
- Postgame with McMillan. [Joe Freeman]
- "Sluggish" for sure. [Jason Quick]
Tweet of the Game...