The all day coverage you need to go into tonight's contest. We're just making sure you're prepared to drop that extra knowledge on the brosephs to get you another smidgen of respect.
The fact that the Blazers don't even have enough guys to run through 5-on-5 drills in practice has me giggling with bewilderment at this point. As the injuries have built up, the team's flaws seem even more evident and the lofty expectations of the 2009-10 season have disappeared. Unlike last year, no one is shooting the ball consistently, each week has another half dozen rumors of unhappiness and rotation questions, and I even went on the record admitting that I'd rather have Travis Outlaw than Martell Webster. It's a season of frustrations for everyone involved on every level.
And tonight, Portland welcomes the Sacramento Kings to town who happen to be one of the unexpected bright spots in the NBA and are no longer a push-over. This marks the return of Sergio Rodriguez, Tyreke Evans' Rose Garden cherry popping, and the only weak team the Blazers will face for the rest of the month.
We're not going "must win" with this one, but it's easily in the "you better win or else" category.
- Dre Miller for Shane Battier talk is heating up? [NBA.com]
- Sergio Rodriguez getting some nice press. [SacBee.com]
- The now famous Dre Miller article. [Brian T. Smith]
- Blazers still looking for answers. [Joe Freeman]
- Full game preview from Dave. [BlazersEdge]
- An attempt at controversy. [John Canzano]
- Enemy coverage #1. [Sactown Royalty]
- Enemy coverage #2. [Cowbell Kingdom]