I'm hoping that many of you did NOT have the pleasure of watching this utter suck-fest of a basketball game. From starting the game down 9-0 to letting some rookie, toolbox named Morrow put up 25 points, this game was disgusting. Oh and the help from the referees wasn't making the night any easier.
The game was ugly from the get-go but the Blazers managed to hang around while rookie no-names dropped 3's and former Dukies flopped. It continued to be sloppy throughout with the Blazers somehow going into the break only down 2. The second half didn't get any better and the Warriors actually stretched a lead to over 10. Of course, "your" Portland Trail Blazers manage another comeback and looked to almost pull off a miracle when 3 zebras decided to drink from the Blazer trough of hope; sucking up all chances that Portland created for themselves with squeaky little whistles and bad gelled hair.
Game thoughts in fantastical bulleted format:
- Oden ended Biedrins double-double streak. We told you didn't we?
- Oden dominated down the stretch with his best game to date.
- Roy was solid, but made a bonehead play, down 3 with 10 seconds to play.
- Stephen Jackson was awful, except the zebras handed him 10 free throws; which he made.
- Poor LaMarcus found plenty of time on the bench.
- Sergio looked very confident and made some major plays.
- Rudy was active, just couldn't drop the big one.
- Corey Maggette is rising as one of the most annoying players in the game.
- But Anthony Morrow as a rookie is far worse.
- Nate should have stood up for the team. This was his chance to make a stand.
- At least now, they are coming home!