Tonight's game was an interesting one to say the least. Both stars (Paul and Roy) were held in check and neither team really seemed to find any rhythm. The Blazers had hopes of a 3-0 start to this 5 game road trip, but went cold late and fell to the Hornets.
Like I just said, both stars were subpar tonight while the role players were definitely vital. Posey came on late and pissed me off with a couple of huge 3's while Greg pulled in the first double double of his career. It was tight the entire way, but the Hornets, with that home cookin', were stronger in the final 5 minutes to pull out a win.
Game thoughts in fantastical bulleted format:
- Nice to see Oden look like the guy we all hoped he'd be. (Giant block what?)
- I hate James Posey just as much as before.
- Tyson Chandler is a machine on the defensive end.
- Peja is old and can't shoot anymore.
- Sergio and Blake with a nice job defensively on Paul. (Nice work boys.)
- LaMarcus had a couple of spurts but disappeared when we needed him.
- David West was solid again. Such a smooth player.
- No repeat performance from Rudy.
- Batum has officially looked his age.
- Brandon was also good in spurts, and sort of forced a late 3. (We still love you.)
- Oden's giant
goal-tendblocked shot. (Updated footage.)
- And here is Oden's big ol' dunk off an out-of-bounds play:
- And the rest of the highlights: