Make that 2-0 to start the 5 game road trip? Who is this new founded, road dominating, actually hanging on to a lead, team? Who has the next Rookie of the Year? Who has a big goofy 7 footer who sings N*Sync? Who actaully fills their arena unlike the Miami Heat? "Your" Portland Trail Blazers, damnit!
Quite the game again last night against Wade, Beasley and crew. The game started out looking like blowout material with LaMarcus receiving untouched layout after untouched layup. There was actually a 14 point lead in there I believe until the old Blazers showed up instead of laying the hammer down. Still, the game over the last 6 minutes of the 4th, was never really in jeopardy and Brandon Roy once again came up huge.
Game thoughts in fantastical bulleted format:
- Dwyane Wade goes 11-15 from the line, puts up 36 points, draws in about 6 phantom calls, throws down a huge two-hander over 3 Blazers, and the Blazers still win!
- Oh and Greg Oden returned as well! He did have one bucket and a free throw allowing him to sneak into the box score, finally.
- Rudy, Rudy, Rudy. Was he not in the freakin' zone last night?
- Sergio actually played pretty well against the Heat's horrible point guard combinations.
- Did anyone see Oden make Beasley into his b*tch?
- Why is Chris Quinn logging minutes for an NBA team over someone like Dan Dickau?
- Marion not playing was a gift.
- LaMarcus needs to not disappear after starting out so hot.
- Thank you again Brandon Roy. Every time Wade made it a point to go at him, he returned the favor. It is nice to see him maturing into a very elite level of player.