WOW. A big thanks to Charles Barkley for calling this a "boring" game at half time. How'd that finish work out for ya, Chuck?
In case you didn't get to see this game, you missed one hell of a finish. It went something like this:
- In regulation, a defensive stop by Roy on Artest to get the ball back followed by a huge defensive stop by Artest on Roy to send the game into OT.
- In OT, a couple of baskets traded, but with 10 seconds the Blazers grabbed the ball, handed it to Roy who jarred an 18 footer to go up 2 with 1.8 seconds left.
- Rockets call timeout, get the ball out of bounds, post Yao up and feed him the ball. Yao turns, hits a fade-away and gets FOULED by Roy. So he makes the free throw putting the Rockets up 1. Yeah you can say "WTF?!?!" right about now.
- With 0.8 seconds, the Blazers have time for a catch and shoot. Roy blasts up the right side of the lane finishing about 30 feet out, catches, turns...DROPS A BOMB as the light comes on to finish off the Houston Rockets.
And his interview with Cheryl Miller after the shot:
And a video of the final 3 shots:
A few more thoughts:
- Oh and by the way, still no defense tonight although down the stretch, they were able to come up with a few big stops.
- LaMarcus had a huge night. By far his best performance so far this season.
- Rudy was damn solid again with 15 points and 3 of 5 from deep.
- Travis with 13 boards? That-a-kid.
- Tough shooting night for Roy, but he sure finished it with a flurry. Huge props to Artest for some incredible defense.
- And another quick "thank you" to my fantasy all-star squad tonight. T-Mac, Scola, Yao, Roy and Rudy.