What a showing tonight from the Portland Trail Blazers! During the opening minutes of the first quarter, this thing was basically decided. So much for that big match-up between rookies Greg Oden and Derrick Rose, as Rose decided either not to show up or was completely shut down by the point guard tandom of the Blazers.
The Blazers jumped out to an enormous first quarter lead and never let up. I was actually surprised to see Portland not allow any sort of comeback seeing as this year they have struggled at putting teams away once they grab a hold of a lead. However, after leading 34-13 through one, the Blazers controlled each quarter thereafter finishing out with one of the most dominating performances I have seen from the Blazers during my 4 years in Portland. Wow.
Game thoughts in fantastical bulleted format:
- The Bulls looked awful in every aspect of the game tonight.
- Did Derrick Rose make the trip to Portland?
- Greg Oden had a very nice debut in his home town.
- The things Brandon Roy continues to do, blow my mind.
- Haha, Joakim Noah. I really wanted someone to foul out in one half.
- Nice to see Channing find a rhythm again.
- Joel Przybilla is probably the second most important piece to this team.
- Sergio is possibly solidified his spot as the future point guard.
- Nocioni's hair really does scare me.
- Aldridge showed signs of his normal self, but we are still waiting.
- There was a Larry Hughes sighting!
- Poor Bayless.