Did anyone else hear that "MVP! MVP!" chant? OK, like you could miss it, but how did it feel? As homer-esque as this may sound, it was fitting. After the game the TNT crew put up a screenie from 4 of Brandon's last 5 games showing the scoring barrage he has been on. Tonight, was absolutely amazing to see. And damn right he deserved that game ball Sager!
Although the Blazers hung tight, this game was shaping up to be another close Phoenix Suns heartbreaker that we've grown accustomed too over the past 11 meetings. And then all of a sudden Brandon Roy decided to fully take over and drop 17 points in the 3rd quarter with Travis Outlaw closely by his side. The 4th quarter was no different and I found it surprising that it took until the final minute before the Suns started trapping Roy and forcing the ball out of his hands. A clutch shot by Aldridge with the shot clock winding down, followed by the game clinching three from Brandon certainly ended that 11 game losing streak. Wow.
Game thoughts in fantastical bulleted format:
- Game ball. Brandon. Roy.
- Solid effort from LA, although his toughness is still in question.
- How many facials did the Suns deliver tonight?
- No one is talking about Blake's 20 points, 10 assists, 0 To's, and 4 steals.
- Oden...I'll just try to be patient.
- Hell of a job from Joel in the second half on Shaq.
- Matt Barnes is definitely cracking the most annoying player list.
- What's up with Channing not seeing any minutes?