What is there really to say? After watching the last two games, I find it hard to be completely optimistic about tonight's match-up with the Detroit Pistons. If somehow, "your" Portland Trail Blazers can bring that magical fire they found last Tuesday against Boston, this could be something to watch. Can Nate bring it out? Can the Rose Garden crowd bring it out? Can Blaze actually finish a dunk? Can Darth Blazer use the force?
1. ESPN Accuscore is playing it safe going 51% to Portland. +1 Blazers
2. A Rasheed homecoming! +1 Rose Garden
3. No Rip Hamilton. +1 Blazers
4. How the hell has Detroit rattled off 7 straight without those two? +1 Pistons
5. Rodney Stuckey has turned into the poor man's Brandon? +1 Pistons
6. Still no Roy. +1 Pistons
7. Baby Rasheed...err LaMarcus tore up Detroit in the last meeting. +1 Blazers
8. Line-up shake-up? Toss Up
9. The abundance of mainstream articles written on the Blazers hurts? -1 Media
10. Iverson was no "answer" in the last meeting. +1 Blazers
11. Which Greg Oden shows up tonight? Pouty-face or Bruiser? Toss Up
12. Which Batum shows up? Laker-esque or Disappear-esque? Toss Up
13. Which Blakey shows up? Mr. Clank or Mr. Clutch? Toss Up
14. My Mom not in attendance (0-2 with her there) (Sorry Mom!). +1 Blazers
15. My know-it-all-idiot co-worker's pick? +1 Pistons
Totals: Blazers 5 Pistons 4 RG 1 Media -1
Predicted Winner: Blazers
- Pistons Nation with some enemy coverage.
- Need 4 Sheed with more!
- And don't forget abotu Detroit Bad Boys.
Still need a place to make your Basketball Picks? How about finding the latest NBA power rankings? What about the Blazers options for 2009 through an NBA Mock Draft?