The all day coverage you need to go into tonight's contest. We're just making sure you're prepared to drop that extra knowledge on the brosephs to get you another smidgen of respect.
Firing Byron Scott is sort of an odd decision. I understand that the team underachieved last year while battling through injuries and appears to be underachieving this year, but when you actually look at their schedule, you could compare the Hornets to last year's Blazers team. Other than a loss to the Knicks, they have only been beaten by the upper tier of NBA squads including Boston, Phoenix, L.A., and the Spurs. I'm starting to wonder if this move actually came from the frustrations that Chris Paul has been expressing publicly? Maybe he and Scott were just no longer on the same page and maybe his control over this team had come to an end. Either way, we should all be a little shocked.
On a side note...Anyone else see a ton of similarities between McMillan and Scott? Both are drill sergeants and both do that awesome power stance. Should we all be concerned for Nate that someone as successful as Byron Scott can get the axe after just 9 games? Not necessarily, but you have to consider it as Byron Scott once had the "up and coming" young squad. Look at them now.
- Roy getting his number called a few more times now? [Jason Quick]
- Brandon also remaining patient through changes. [Brian T Smith]
- Oden should expect a real battle from Okafor? [John Canzano]
- A look at new coaches' first games in New Orleans. [At the Hive]
- Wrap-up of the Byron Scott news. [Hornets 247]
- Game preview from Dave. [Blazers Edge]