The all day coverage you need to go into tonight's contest. We're just making sure you're prepared to drop that extra knowledge on the brosephs to get you another smidgen of respect.
How do you beat the Miami Heat? Not by stopping Dwyane Wade. Containing him for the most part will obviously help, but really, it comes down to their 3-point shooting. The team appears to live and die by the long ball much like "your" Blazers of 2008-09. In their 7 losses, the Heat are hitting just 30% from deep while attempting 149 which is absurd. In their 9 wins, they are shooting almost 36% while only taking 131. They are also 2-5 when they shoot more than 18 in a game and have won just one game when they shoot 20 or more. Basically, let them jack up threes all night long baby!
What should we expect from Portland? Who knows anymore. 20 point win. 20 point loss. If we can somehow rid Nate McMillan of his Blake Goggles, and succumb to the everlasting power of ES Watts, then we might lean a little to the winning side. Hell, ESPN Accuscore has the Blazers at 80%...that should stand for something right?
And for those attending, be prepared for an entire night of puffy chests and toolbox gestures made towards the jumbo-tron. "Civil War Night." Anything to make a buck right corporate?
- Is Greg Oden throwing Roy and Aldridge off? [Brian T Smith]
- Portland still looking for right 3-star forumla. [Jason Quick]
- Heat feeling more pressure than Portland? [Miami Herald]
- The time is definitely right now, MB. [Mike Barrett]
- Yes sir, Greg Oden is improving. [USA Today]
- Full game preview from Dave. [Blazers Edge]
- Enemy coverage #1. [Peninsula is Mightier]
- Enemy coverage #2. [Hot Hot Hoops]