This game absolutely should have been a blowout and wasn't. At no point, did this ever look like the Blazers were going to take control and put away the T-Wolves and that's a little scary. There was steady play again from Roy but the rest of the team disappeared in a game where Portland had many advantages. They did pull together down the stretch defensively (or cold shooting from Minnesota) to come back and outscore the T-Wolves by 15 in the second half. Thanks to some big plays from Oden as well, and this road trip is looking like a great success. One more to go at Golden State!
Game thoughts in fantastical bulleted format:
- Oden's presence was felt. Jefferson actually looked scared with Oden on him at times.
- Thank you Brandon Roy.
- Calling LaMarcus, Rudy and Travis! You guys still around?
- Al Jefferson is almost unstoppable at the block.
- Sebastian Telfair is sooooooooooo bad, and I'm giddy.
- And so is Kevin Love. See his plus/minus from last night?
- Starting to feel bad for Bayless, especially with such a promising summer.
- The combo of Joel and Greg could prove to be too much for teams in the future and that's exciting.