The early east coast start wouldn't allow for me to catch the first half which turns out to be quite the bonus. When you hand the Washington Wizards a 10 point lead with Nick Young on fire, I'm thankful I didn't have to watch that garbage. You know the game is not going well when Wheelz is ripping Young every time the guy shoots, meaning he must be chucking up and making some ridiculous shots. Either way, it's another road win baby!
Aside from an ugly first quarter, the Blazers assumed control, well sort of. You never really got the feeling that the game was in jeopardy with Brandon Roy on the court, but the team also didn't seem to want to put the lowly Wizards away for good. The Blazers keep finding ways to give just that extra push down the stretch giving them a slight lead and putting all of the pressure squarely on the opposing squad. They did that again last night and inferior teams like the Wizards haven't shown enough prowess to mount any sort of final minute comeback.
Game thoughts in fantastical bulleted format:
- Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison are not leading men.
- DeShawn Stevenson didn't completely embarrass anyone.
- Andray Blatche has the sloppiest game in the NBA.
- Sergio and Rudy at the end of any quarter are magical.
- 20 straight games for Rudy with a three to start his career? Damn.
- Solid effort from Oden. Keep pluggin' big boy.
- It's time for LaMarcus to be more aggressive on the defensive boards.
- Travis Outlaw the three point specialist?
- Big thanks again to Brandon Roy for taking over.
- I think we are almost expecting this nightly which could bite us.
Highlights for those of you Victoria's Secreting last night: