What a horrible effort tonight from the Portland Trail Blazers. A Carmelo-less Denver Nuggets squad came out with more fire and more gut than any of you and made you look like the team from years past. Maybe it was the fact that they all looked like they needed haircuts. Did anyone notice the not-so-tight hairdos of the Blazers? I guess this winter storm has them stuck without a barber. Better hope tomorrow's travel isn't used as an excuse.
There weren't many high points for the Blazers tonight aside from Steve Blake lighting it up early from deep and LaMarcus scoring in stretches. Roy was off, Batum forgot to show up, Outlaw is hardly ever good, Oden is worthless and Przybilla was bleeding. The Blazers basically allowed Nene to look like an All-Star tonight while also forgetting to stop the weak penetration of JR Smith. Not a good effort from Portland, and a very much deserved win for the Nuggets.
Game thoughts in fantastical bulleted format:
- Brandon Roy came with the 52 point hangover.
- Chauncey was good, but not the reason Denver won this game.
- Greg Oden is completely worthless right now.
- Please never let Ike Diogu in another NBA game. PLEASE.
- Channing, not sure what's up, but figure it out.
- Chris Anderson is easily still present on the most annoying list.
- As is JR Smith.
- As is Nene.
- Nice to see Bayless even if for only 3 minutes.
- Better come live tomorrow night boys.
Highlights for those of you shoveling: